The Series 44 cryogenic temperature probes utilize either a 200Ω or 1000Ω platinum resistance thermometer (PRT), or a silicon diode (SD) thermometer and are constructed of stainless steel. The 44B design is designed for operation from -40°C to +200°C and the 44C from -196°C to +125°C. The Series 44 is also available with silicon diode sensing elements (44D) for operation in the most extreme cryogenic temperature regimes down to -269°C.
The probes are designed to withstand the extreme conditions—mechanical, thermal, and electrical—expected of their process environments. They are hermetically sealed with the sensing element embedded within a thermal epoxy at the stem’s tip. These probes are recommended for direct immersion with your application service media and can withstand extreme pressure environments.
- Series 44C Aerospace Probe, 9.5 Inch Insertion Length
- Series 44C Aerospace Probe, 6.1 Inch Insertion Length
- Series 44C Aerospace Probe (OMEGA), 2.5 Inch Insertion Length
- Series 44C Aerospace Probe (OMEGA), 4.5 Inch Insertion Length
- Series 44D Aerospace Probe, 5.5 Inch Insertion Length (+/- 0.5K @ 4.2K, +/- 0.1K @ 77.4K, +/- 1K @ 273.15K)
These units are constructed of stainless steel, hermetically sealed, and the sensing element is mounted in a thermal epoxy at the tip. The probes are designed for direct immersion or thermowell applications.
The basic sensing elements used in the Series 46 temperature probe assemblies, is the Si410 silicon diodes. These diodes are rugged, wide-range (1.5K to 450K) sensing elements which offer excellent interchangeability to standard temperature-versus-voltage curves. This interchangeability allows a user to employ any given temperature probe assembly in his facility while using a single temperature curve for signal conditioning requirements. This model has been used for ground support and flight hardware.
- Series 46D Aerospace Probe (OMEGA), 2.5 Inch Insertion Length
- Series 46DX (100uA) Aerospace Probe, 1/8” OD, 12 Inch Insertion Length (+/- 1K from 20K to 77K)
- Series 46DX1 (100uA) Aerospace Probe, 2.2 Inch Insertion Length, Extended Pressure (5000 psi MEOP, Proof = 1.2X = 6000 psi, Burst = 2X = 10000 psi)